How to Get Started with Parts Inventory Module
Our Parts Module is 100% opt-in, so if your Organization isn’t ready to deploy this feature today your app experience will not look any different.
On Mobile: Click on 'More' in the bottom righthand corner, then click on your organization under 'Settings' and check the 'Enable Parts Inventory Module' box at the very bottom.
On Desktop: Click on your name in the bottom lefthand corner, then click on 'Organization Profile' under 'Settings' and check the 'Enable Parts Inventory Module'
That said, let’s dive into the nuts and bolts of how Parts Module can help take your Organization to the next level.
Parts can be added on both our Desktop app and mobile apps. Once your Parts Inventory module is activated, you can find it under ‘Categories’ on Desktop and in the ‘More’ section on mobile.
Each Part can hold the following information:
- Part Name
- Available Quantity
- Minimum Quantity – this will alert your team when a part needs to be re-ordered.
- Unit Cost – this will allow you to track costs more accurately and easily determine which Assets cost the most to keep running.
- Description – this text box allows you to keep any additional useful information for a Part, like reorder lead time.
- QR/Barcode – easily pull up the correct part using barcodes in your supply room.
- Part Type – this will help aggregate similar Parts for searching and for Reporting.
- Area – this is to help share exactly where this part is stored at a specific location.
- Assets – which Assets are associated with this Part.
- Teams in Charge – his allows specific Teams to be associated with a Part.
- Vendors – this allows specific Vendors to be associated with a Part to make reordering or support simple.
- Files – this allows you to attach any helpful files: including warranty information, invoices or purchase orders, manuals, and more!
Using Parts in a Work Order
- Parts can be added or removed from a Work Order when the Work Order is created, or the Work Order can be edited to reflect any changes.
- Parts with Unit Costs will be totaled to reflect the total Parts cost of a Work Order.
- The number of Parts used in a Work Order will automatically be subtracted from the inventory of that specific Part.
Parts Usage History
Our Parts Module allows you to easily look up Usage History for any specific Part to determine exactly where your inventory is used. If a Part is used in a Work Order, you can easily look up when, where and who used the Part.
Parts Restock or Inventory Update
When Parts are restocked or need to be transferred, you can manually update your inventory from the Parts module. If your company needs to document receipts, invoices, shipment deliveries or any other files/photos, you can attach them to your restock entry.
What if our Organization has an existing Parts Inventory system, can we import it into MaintainX?
If you have a document that already contains a list of your existing Parts Inventory, we are happy to help import those for you. Take note of the fields above and let us know if you have any questions.
Our Organization has a LOT of parts! If we don’t currently have a Parts Inventory system, what is the best way to get started?
It can be overwhelming to look at your inventory room and start building it all from scratch. We recommend keeping it simple to start by cataloging your most valuable parts first and slowly expanding your tracked inventory as your team becomes more comfortable.